The Kansas Homeowner Assistance Fund (KHAF) program is open for applications! Don’t wait, apply today! Funds are limited.
The program’s goal is to aid homeowners in avoiding foreclosure by assisting with homeownership related expenses.
Applicants must be at least 30 days past due on their mortgage or property taxes/charges to qualify for assistance types.
For application assistance – KHAF Call Center at 855-307-KHAF (5423) or complete the KHAF Contact Us Form.
- Thehousehold gross income must not be more than 150 percent (150%) of the area median income (AMI) for the County in which the property is located or 100% US Median Income. See KHAF Income Chart.
- The property must be located within the state of Kansas.
- The property must be the applicant’s primary residence.
- The applicant must be the owner of the property.
- Applicants must be at least 30 days past dueon their mortgage or property taxes/charges to qualify for assistance types.
- There must be a pandemic-related financial hardship after January 21, 2021 (loss of income or increase in expenses).
- Original mortgage amount must be within conforming loan limits.
- OwnerOccupied, Primary Residences (second homes and investment properties are not eligible for assistance).
- SingleFamily Residences, One to Four Unit Dwellings, Condos, Manufactured Homes (affixed and unaffixed) and Townhome
- $60,000Max Assistance Amount (this is a combination of up to $50,000 in mortgage reinstatement and payment assistance plus up to $10,000 in property charges and utility/internet/broadband assistance) provided as a grant up to $25,000 and a two-year forgivable loan for mortgage related assistance more than $25,000.
Mortgage Reinstatement Assistance
- Mortgage must be past due by at least 30 days.
- Assistanceup to $50,00
- Reinstatement assistance must bring the mortgage current by curing all past-due amounts.
- This assistance covers past due primary mortgage, second mortgages, reverse mortgages, and even non-traditional loans such as land contracts (contract for deed) or manufactured homes.
Mortgage Payment Assistance
- Must have current mortgage delinquency.
- Combined assistance (including reinstatement) up to $35,000.
- Up to six (6) months of forward payment assistance paid directly to mortgage servicer.
Property Charges Assistance
- Property charges and/or taxes must be past due by at least 30 days.
- Assistance up to $10,000 maximum (inclusive of utility/internet/broadband assistance when applicable).
- This assistance covers past dueproperty charges including property taxes, insurance premiums (including homeowner’s insurance and flood insurance), homeowner association fees, condominium association fees, cooperative maintenance, and common charges.
- Must have mortgage or property tax/charge delinquency to qualify.
- Assistance up to $10,000 maximum (inclusive of property charges assistance when applicable).
- This assistance covers past dueelectricity, water, wastewater, gas, home energy, internet, and broadband.
How do I Start?
- To apply forassistance, register for your online account and complete an on-line application.
- For questions, please contact the KHAF Call Center at 855-307-KHAF (5423)or complete the KHAF Contact Us Form.
Application status can be checked at any time by logging into your account.